Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Accidents happen, but not to mothers!


One of the worse feelings a mother can experience is the feeling of injuring your child. Emotional of physically.  Brooklyn and I were playing and somehow a pokey object was forced into her eye.  No one else saw what happened except for me.  I was on the other end of that object. 


 As soon as I saw what happened and hear Brooklyn's scream of pain, I felt like I have never felt before.  Because I don't want to go into much detail become it still makes me feel nausea and squirmy.  


We didn't have to go to the doctor, thank goodness. After much cuddling, rocking and Ibuprofen she feel asleep and I was able to see her eye.  She wasn't able to open her bad eye and only open her good eye for a second.  I am so thankful for Eric for staying calm and knowing what to do and taking care of me and Brooklyn.  



 Being a mother, I always assume the worse.  I made my child blind.  We debated on going to the doctor, but we realized if were couldn't look at her eye, she wasn't going to let a doctor do it.  I was not sure how bad the eye area or eye itself was going to be.  I just replay the image back in my head and it scares me to pieces.  After prays and pleading and faith, near the end of the night Brooklyn was able to open both eyes and see out of them.


 I was so excited and expressed my gratitude to Heavenly Father for watching over our family and especially Brooklyn and keeping her strong.  Uncle kyle was right where I needed him and occcupied Bentley while I aided to Brooklyn's every little need, and Angela for buying Brooklyn Strawberry Ice cream...the only thing she said she wanted.

 How her eye looks a day later.  



* If you know me, you might know this.  I am very sensitive to my eye and eyes in general.  So this experience mad me flip upside down.  I was nausea, dizzy and totally panic.


No comments: